1. Data Protection Principles
The Library of Infinities is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the DPA.
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by the DPA in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.”
2. General Provisions
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the Organisation.
- The Responsible Person shall take responsibility for the Organisation’s ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
3. Lawful, Fair and Transparent Processing
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, the Library of Infinities shall maintain a Register of Systems.
- The Register of Systems shall be reviewed at least annually.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the Library of Infinities shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
4. Data Minimisation
- The Library of Infinities shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- The Library of Infinities shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
6. Archiving and Removal
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, the Library of Infinities shall put in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why.
- The Library of Infinities shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorized sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
Thank you for visiting the Library of Infinities, it is important for you to understand our data policy. A data policy informs how an organization or collective uses the information collected about you when you visit or engage with a website.
There are different ways you can engage with LOI from browsing resources to submitting content. If you are just here to engage with the resources the data that is collected about you is minimal. We are abiding by the standard data protection principles. You might be curious, what does that mean to you?
We are only collecting relevant data to help make the website better that means how many visits and where those visits are coming from (country). The location data information will not be personally identifiable and provides a broad scope of the visit.
How about if you are interested in submitting resources? We will be collecting your email and your name, if you prefer to not display your name there is an option for that. If you would prefer to remain anonymous that is an option as well. The names and emails will only be accessed by LOI staff for the purpose of populating the library. Every year all personally identifiable information will be deleted. That essentially means, we are at a blank slate!
Our priority is to collect the smallest amount of data possible and only use it for the purpose of advancing this website. No information will be shared outside of this space.
It is important to know how data is tracked and stored, if you are curious to learn more about how to improve your data footprint check these resources out: